Sunday, October 31, 2010

Experimenting with uploading video clips

Since I'm busily editing the truckerly tales into some sort of book instead of having new adventures, I am going back over all sorts of past exploits. I really ought to share these clips of Skid School. Deliberately jackknifing a trailer so that you can learn how to survive is an interesting experiment in terror.




The voice you can hear is the instructor, each truck had a radio so that we could all hear everybody else's abuse. That was a student, not me I don't think. Here is the instructor demonstrating what it's supposed to look like:


And here is the final exercise of the day, locking a tractor's drive wheels. I know this one isn't me because we had a single rear axle. That means an extra 360 degrees on the spin.


Happy days. Of course only one of us had the presence of mind to take a camera along, I realise the foolishness of not doing likewise now.

Let me know if the clips don't work and I'll have another go at uploading them.

No comments:

Post a Comment